Friday, February 11, 2011

Facebook, Bloggers and Revolution 2.0

Revolution 2.0   photo by monasosh
In the past week, my blog statistics tell me that I've picked up a few readers in Egypt, so I'm taking a brief detour from your usual backyard subject to recognize the events of this day.  The story of this revolution and the way the people of Egypt used Facebook and other social media to help bring about change is truly amazing. In this photo, a young man hold up a sign in support of Wael Ghonim, the Google executive and Internet activist who was arrested and later released. This is just a brief message to say, Egypt, you have inspired us! We wish you peace in the coming weeks. The photo is by blogger monasosh.

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely! We hope the sense of community and optimism continues as they take control of their own future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good post
    and I hope to visit my Blog Ancient Egyptian Good and Goddess and see Anubis God thanks again Admin

    ReplyDelete