Sunday, July 24, 2011

New Helper in the Garden; A Guest Post by Chunk


It's a good thing I came along, because Anne really needs help in this garden. Case in point…


She put some wonderful, smelly fruit in the compost pile. I had to get it out. Then I ate it.


Ahh! It's nice to cool down after working in the sun.


She doesn't know much about her pond. These things are delicious!


So are the stems. But my BFF Lily and I ate most of them.


They say muskrats like them too. I'd really like to meet a muskrat.


She lets that water spray everywhere!


Luckily, I'm here to attack it.


I know there's a rodent in this yard somewhere. (Thanks, Dawn Huczek, for your great photo!)


Why don't you let me handle the little critter that my way, hmmm?

  
She does appreciate me though. After a hard day on the beach, she helps me dry off.


But I can do that myself too.
Now for a well-deserved rest…

8 comments:

  1. So cute!

    kateri @ Dandelion Haven

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does Chunk do garden visits too? I could use some chipmunk chasers. No pond here, so no worries about the tasty plants. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwww... what an adorable little dickens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Kateri: I think he knows it too!

    @Alan: Chunk would be delighted to chase through your garden. I'm not sure it would be as much fun for you though!

    @Patricia: You've got that right!

    Thanks for the visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dogs would be very welcome! Chunk has some projects planned--most of them involve digging.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I believe most dogs prefer mammal watching to bird watching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chunk, I LOVE your guest post! Way to keep that gardener in line... ;)

    ReplyDelete